A few weeks ago (this is how on top of things I am) we went on an amazing hike. It was a perfect day, and it turned out to be quite the adventure getting there... but the reward was worth it. The waterfall was amazing!
We hiked to the Bell Canyon Waterfall. It was a 4 mile round trip hike. Little did we realize how tough it would really be. It was a step hike over large boulders and rocks most of the way. It took us close to 2 1/2 hours to get up to the waterfall. The kids stopped a lot for drink breaks, and to sit and relax. It may have taken us a while to get up there, but I'm so proud of the kids... they were great little hikers! Preston was amazing. His little legs could only go so fast... yet he kept up. The whole way down we held hands and he talked NON STOP. I heard story after story and answered so many questions. He's such a cute kid and he has a great imagination. Ayla was spoiled riding on top of Matt's shoulders most of the way up. He is so amazing... I could barley get myself up the hill at times and here's Matt... hiking like a pro with a 3 year old on his shoulders. It took us close to an hour and a half to come down and the views were amazing! When it was all said and done, we had a great time, made some great memories, and we're all ready for another incredible adventure together!
Here are some highlights...
How Fun! Looks like that would be an beautiful hike to go on! Go Matt, hiking with a 3 year old on his shoulders! That is pretty amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat great little troopers you have, looks like a great day. By the way, I realized after you had left the picnic that Jacyn was still wearing Ayla's shirt. By the time we see you again I would be surprised if it still fits Ayla, but if you want I can bring it to my sister's reception for you.
ReplyDelete