Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Fun Day at Antelope Island

Yesterday was such a beatiful day that we decided to have a "Family Fun Day". We had a picnic in the park and then headed off to Antelope Island. We saw some Bison and a ton of birds. We explored the Ranch and the Visitors Center. The kids had a great time running around and checking things out. Their favorite part was kicking off their shoes and walking in the Great Salt Lake. They also enjoyed skipping rocks. I dare say that they were skipping rocks better than their Dad. But if you repeat it, I'll deny it... there is an ego at stake here (hee hee) :). It was fun to look across the lake and see the area where we live. Once we got home we looked across the lake at the sunset to see the Island we were just on. The kids loved the different perspectives. It was a long, but exciting day.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I am sure the kids had a great time on Antelope Island! It's finally nice to have good weather!! We need to take the kids and Allie to the zoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all the years I've lived in Utah(30) I've never been out there. It would be fun to go, I'll have to convince Corby to go on his day off.

    Thanks Julie for the sweet comment on the negative test post. You are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete